There are some questions that I am asked over and over again and this is definitely one that I am asked at least once a day.
What eye shadow is best for green..blue.. brown eyes?
A lot of women (including me) get stuck in a make up style rut, its scary trying new colours especially if you don't know if they are the best ones for you.
I am going to cover the 3 most popular eye colours ; Green, Blue and Brown , if your eye colour is not covered in this blog just mail me and I can help you find what best for you.
Blue eyes are definitely the most dominant eye colour amongst my irish clients and probably one of the easiest eye colours to make pop.
- Colours to use : Golds, peaches, orange, rich warm colours like bronzes and browns and cranberry.
- Metallics are great for brightening up a blue eye, choose colours such as gold, silver and bronze.
- Colours to avoid : Greens and blues are probably not the best colours for accentuating blue eyes but a navy blue mascara is a good option to make the white of your eyes appear whiter and bring out the blue of your eye.
- Always think of the colour wheel when choosing contrasting colours, Orange is a favourite shade of mine to use on my blue eyed clients. Orange is directly opposite blue on the colour wheel so this colour will really emphasis the blue in your eyes.
- Black liner on the waterline is a really quick way to play up blue eyes.
- Apply a small amount of a gold toned highlighter to the tear duct, lashings of mascara and a bright coral lip (Picture of Roz Purcell below) This is a really quick look for blue eyed ladies.
- Think of blue eyed celebrities such as Cameron Diaz, Adriana Lima and Megan Fox who always make sure to draw attention to their beautiful blue eyes.
Green eyes aren't as common but equally as easy to play up.
- Colours to use: purples, plums, lavender, rose hued tones, copper, taupe.
- Red is the opposite colour to green on the colour wheel so rich colours with red undertones like cranberry, plum, aubergine will instantly bring out the green in your eye.
- A warm brown eye liner is nice on the waterline and smudged under the eye for a quick day time look for green eyed ladies.
- Another complementary colour for green eyes is purple, all shades of purple are going to make your eyes pop. If you are afraid of going for a full purple eye look just swap your black liner with a purple one and see the difference instantly.
- As with blue eyes, black liner is a great option for light eyes, not only does it make the whites of your eyes appear whiter it also intensifies your eye colour.
- Colours to avoid : pale blues aren't going to bring out the most in your eyes. If you are going to use a green eyeshadow opt for the opposite shade of green to your eye.
- Celebrities such as Angeline Jolie, Scarlett Johansson and Hayden Panettiere always draw attention to their green eyes with complementary eye shadow.
Brown eyed ladies are very lucky when it comes to make up as you can pull off most colours.
- Colours to wear : Blues, navys, purples, turquoise, plum, silver.
- Metallics colours like silver are a nice contrast on brown eyes. With blue/green eyes we are best sticking to rich colours, however brown eyes are naturally rich so cooler colours a nice contrast .
- Colours to avoid: Yellow, yellow gold, pale pinks.
- They say that brown eyed ladies should avoid wearing browns and neutral shades on the eyes as it can look too dull, however you can brighten up a neutral eye with a royal blue or purple liner.
- Instead of going for a matte brown shadow opt for a metallic brown instead.
- Plum and purple mascara is a gorgeous on brown eyes.
- Layers of mascara and a pop of colour on the lips is always a gorgeous option for brown eyed girls.
- Celebrities such as Gwen Stefani, Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce always get it right.