We are heading away on our summer holidays 8 weeks from now, I don't know how summer crept up on us so quickly! I had the best intentions over the past couple of months to get back to the same fitness level I was at for my wedding. This time last year I was fitter then I have ever been and felt better then ever before.
I know some people are amazing at staying motivated all year round but I really struggle with it. I can make loads of excuses as to why but the answer is I just need to push myself more. I have totally changed my diet over the last year and I am so much healthier, thats the easy part for me. The hard part for me is going to the gym 3-4 times a week.
I always work better when I have a goal to focus on so the holidays are my first goal and a very special wedding in September will hopefully help me keep up the momentum.
What really worked for me last year and what I am trying to do again:
1. Have a goal
2. Having healthy treats in the fridge at all times ( I have an extremely sweet tooth and an addiction to tea so the only thing I miss is chocolate with my tea)
3. Avoiding processed food and trying to always go for the healthy options on the menu when eating out.
4. If I wanted a bar of chocolate I have one or had half of one, I just don't have one everyday.
5. I aim to drink at least 2 litres of water a day.
6. I never skip a meal which was something I always used to do. I always have breakfast,lunch and dinner and a couple of snacks throughout the day.
7. Always have healthy snacks in my bag incase my job goes on longer then I expect.
8.Aim to go to the gym 3 times a week and try and walk as much as possible. I actually found the FitBit amazing for motivating me to hit 10,000 steps a day.
9. Be realistic and don't set yourself an unrealistic goal and don't be hard on yourself if you have a bad day food wise, Just don't make it a bad week.
I also find it motivating when I have nice gym gear and I usually get most of mine in Penneys. Myself and a few other bloggers have been taking part in the Primark, Set, Go Campaign where we have been testing out the sportswear in intense workouts over the past couple of months. I absolutely love this particular set, it is so summery and really comfortable to wear too.
Finally I am going to share the recipe for my favourite energy balls that so many of you love too! I still get asked how to make them everyday so I thought it would be best to share it in this blog and at least if any of you are looking for some healthier alternatives for treats you can find it here.
Peanut & chocolate energy balls (Makes about 5 so double or add 50% more if necessary)
- 45grm wholegrain porridge oats
- 2 tablespoon meridian peanut butter
- 6 squares of dark choc cut in to chips
- 2 tablespoon of natural honey/agave
- 2 tspn coconut oil melted
- 4 teaspoon desiccated coconut
Blend in nutri bullet/food processor , if the mix is too dry add another drop of honey, if it's too wet add some more oats. Judge it for yourself but you should be able to roll in to balls easily. Pop in fridge for at least an hour. Enjoy!!!!
Tara xDisclaimer : The images in this post are sponsored in collaboration with primark, as always all opinions are my own.